• Beyond the various offers the Academy holds, the Participation fee includes free Festival access, but does not cover any form of travelling, visas, insurances, lodging, meals or similar.
• The Participation fee consists of a Registration fee plus Academy fee.
• The Registration fee of € 100,- * must be transferred to the account of Verein impuls as soon as you have been accepted as participant for the Academy (but not before that confirmation). It is a non-refundable, obligatory fee for further handling your registration. It has to be paid in any case (also in case of cancellation) and guarantees that impuls reserves a place for you until the final payment of the Academy fee with deadline as selected.
• As Academy fee for composers applying we offer three price categories, depending on coverage of costs (please choose payment method on registration):
Early Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + Academy fee € 230,-
(total € 330,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to February 15th, 2023 at the latest)
Regular Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + € 285,-
(total € 385,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to April 15th, 2023 at the latest)
Late Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + € 350,-
(total € 450,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to June 15th, 2023 at the latest)
• Costs for ensembles + chamber music formations applying: the Registration fee is to be calculated per musician+conductor (if any), the Academy fee however varies depending on the number of musicians+conductor (if any) involved per ensemble/chamber music formation (f.e. for trios: 3x Registration fee + 2x Academy fee / for quartet: 4x Registration fee + 2,5 x Academy fee / for quintet: 5x Registration fee + 3x Academy fee, etc.). Please note that transfers for ensembles/chamber music formations must be carried out jointly in the form of one transfer per formation (and not individually per member). Deadlines for payment as as given for composers.
• Costs for vocalists: as the Academy for vocalists only lasts from 26.7.-1.8.2023 (arrival 25.7., departure 2.8.), we offer a reduced fee as follows:
Early Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + Academy fee € 145,-
(total € 245,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to February 15th, 2023 at the latest)
Regular Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + € 180,-
(total € 280,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to April 15th, 2023 at the latest)
Late Payment: Registration fee € 100,-* + € 220,-
(total € 320,- / * Registration fee due on acceptance + Academy fee due to June 15th, 2023 at the latest)
In case vocalists want to stay longer (or for the whole period) for the Festival program, further lectures and other offers of the Academy, the fee will be handled accordingly – please check conditions for a longer stay with us in case it applies.
• Costs for others (sound and multimedia artists, performers, individual musicians, actors, dancers, instrument designers …), who can apply only for some very specific Special Programs (KonzeptMusik . Workshop with Peter Ablinger and Dimitrios Polisoidis / utrumque . Collaboratory / In Situ - translucent spaces with Klaus Lang as well as Calls for Decoder Ensemble and NEKO3): payment of the Registration fee is only due on acceptance for the specific Special, and the Academy fee will be handled accordingly (with Early Payment method, if payment is done within one week after acceptance notification / sound artists can also register as composers for the Academy, if they wish, with conditions as applying for composers therefor).
General information as to the Costs for the Special Programs KonzeptMusik, In Situ and utrumque . Collaboratory: Fees as given for Composers apply / for the Special Programs with Decoder and NEKO3 please get in touch with the impuls office for Special Reduced Rates relating to the length of your stay.
Account of impuls:
• Account of impuls: impuls . Verein zur Vermittlung zeitgenössischer Musik, Brandhofgasse 21, 8010 Graz, Austria, Europe: IBAN = AT61 1200 0502 8538 6701 / BIC = BKAUATWW.
Address: Bank Austria Creditanstalt, Rothschildplatz 1, 1020 Wien, Austria, Europe
Please don’t forget to always put the full name of person taking part in the Academy on the transfer form, so we can clearly identify the transfer! Any sort of bank charges incurring (like for international transfer or exchange rates) have to be covered by the person registrating.
Further important Information on Registration:
• As places are limited, we recommend to apply as early as possible.
• For Registration both the filled in and signed Registration Form and a Curriculum Vitae have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For ensembles + chamber music formations only: in addition to the Registration Form for ensembles/chamber music formation and Curriculum Vitae for each musician, the following information on the ensemble/chamber music formation has to be sent to email@example.com:
a.) line-up for impuls 2023 (names of musicians/conductor if any, with exact specifications of instruments etc.) and infos on main contact person/coordinator for the ensemble/chamber music formation
b.) info on ensemble/chamber music formation-profile and -history
c.) a list of repertoire and relevant public concerts and programs
d.) links to at least 3 relevant recordings or videos (compositions from the 20th/21st century)
e.) a statement on the ensemble´s/chamber music formation´s expectations for impuls (including information on f.e. impuls composition tutors of special interest to work with, list of pieces the ensemble/chamber music formation wants to work on during impuls, suggestions for cooperation with composer participants on spot (f.e. call for scores), list of repertoire-pieces the ensemble/chamber music formation could present during impuls, infos on instruments and/or technical devices needed, that cannot be brought along by ensemble/chamber music formation, …)
Please also note, that ensembles/chamber music formations applying are expected to take care of a substitute themselves in case of cancellation of one of their members (even though impuls might be able to suggest a musician for replacement as well)
• For vocalists only: in addition to the Registration Form for vocalists and Curriculum Vitae, please note, that also a repertoire list + voice type, vocal register, vocal range + links to recordings of a.) Lied or aria from the Baroque and Classical periods to the 20th century + b.) contemporary solo work have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For others (sound and multimedia artists, performers, individual musicians, actors, dancers, instrument designers, …), who can apply only for some very specific Special Programs: please submit additional material as specified for each of these specials.
• In the event of a cancellation, you must notify the impuls office immediately at email@example.com, even if you have not yet paid the Academy fee (and also, in case you are only on a waiting list). The same holds true in case problems with payment emerge.
• Please let us know (if possible, already when you register for the Academy / also late entries are possible of course), which of the Special Programs you would like to take part in by mentioning the title(s), and be aware of possible deadlines coming along with these programs.
• Information on further Special Programs will be updated on our homepage continuously and already accepted participants will be notified accordingly.
• It is possible to apply for several Special Programs, but please sign up only for those, you are really interested in, willing to meet the conditions and that you are willing to participate if selected.
• Please note, that all compositions, scores, parts etc. have to be made available to impuls 2023 without charge for these programs, including rehearsals, possibly also performances at the impuls Festival and recordings made for archive reasons, and, if of interest, also to other impuls participants 2023 for reasons of studies.
Further Application Infos:
• As the number of applicants often exceeds the number of available places, we recommend to apply as soon as possible. Notification of acceptance is given continuously, specially where candidates are equally qualified, but not later than May 1st, 2023. In case acceptance cannot be guaranteed immediately on application or until May 1st, impuls still maintains a waiting list, as it is not unlikely, that places still open up at a later stage, f.e. through cancellations. In case you donnot wish to remain on the waiting list, please do inform us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can withdraw your application completely. As to ensembles/chamber music formations, we expect applications and decisions already by around January 2023, if not earlier, so preparation can start for potential working-programs, calls and similar.
• In concern of scholarships, we advice to check regional/national funding yourself (such as at your university, embassy, foundations, ...).
• In general the ensembles/chamber music formations must provide sheet music themselves for all pieces, they want to work on during impuls. If asked for, they also have to provide a conductor's score for the impuls coaches in time for preparation. Exceptions could f.e. be works by participating Academy composers, that impuls can supply.
• In general ensembles/chamber music formations/musicians have to bring along their own instruments. impuls however might be able to help out f.e. with double basses, some percussion instruments, and, of course, pianos – however, this requires corresponding prior agreements and confirmation.
• Main language of instruction: English, but also other languages depending on necessities, participants and tutors.
• As for example rehearsals of ensemble/chamber music works or the development of special workshops and various other projects follow an ongoing schedule and lead to public performances in many cases, all participants are expected to stay for the whole period of the Academy (23.7.2023 arrival day, 4.8.2023 departure day). Participants are thus obliged to discuss possibilities of exceptions with the impuls office at email@example.com beforehand, if a shorter stay is intended.
• Participants must take care of, reserve, book and pay for their accommodation and travels themselves! Rooms and sleeping-possibilities are offered at special rates for impuls participants at a few places in Graz however (infos about these places will be given to you on acceptance / payment of registration fee). Please check your accommodation as soon as possible upon receipt of acceptance for impuls 2023 and contact the places directly if you wish to book there (please make sure you mention, that you are part of impuls 2023 to get the special impuls rates there).
• If you should need additional help, feel free to contact us at office(at)impuls(dot)cc so we can provide you with information on other accomodation possibilities or get in touch with the Tourist Office in Graz directly.
Insurances and Visa:
• Participants have to take care of their own health insurances valid in Austria.
• Participants also need to check visas themselves, if obligatory. Please make sure, that you have all papers and documents necessary prepared in time. If you should need any confirmation from impuls for your participation in the Academy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In addition, we recommend (especially with regard to e.g. a possible pandemic) to also check travel and cancellation insurances for your trip.
• impuls reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the course content (in particular a change of course contents or tutors). A change does not open the possibility to withdraw from the course or claim compensation. Registration is binding upon receipt of the application form by impuls. This implies, that any cancellation of registration has to be reported to the impuls office at email@example.com in any case – even if the Academy fee has not been covered yet.
Additional Conditions regarding possible epidemics respectively pandemics such as COVID:
• The Academy participants are obliged to independently comply with all statutory regulations and requirements and to inform themselves accordingly (e.g. about travel conditions or potential vaccination and test obligations).
• Alike they are also obliged to comply with any additional requirements and prevention concepts (such as those of the event locations, especially the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz).
• Should impuls have to cancel the Academy due to an epidemic / pandemic, Registration and Academy fees paid already will be returned to participants, that are still registered at that time (minus transfer fees). In the event of cancellation by the participant or staying away (unless forced by a legal travel ban due to the pandemic), the usual cancellation conditions apply.
• Any cancellation after acceptance: Registration fee has to be paid in any case.
• Cancellation after April 20th, 2023: aside from the Registration fee, impuls is also entitled to request respectively to keep the Academy fee. Thus a refund is not possible, unless the place is taken by applicants from the waiting list or by other potential candidates acceptable to impuls (the registration fee remains non-refundable in any case).