impuls . 10th International Ensemble and Composers Academy for Contemporary Music 2017
• early booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 230,-
(total € 300,- due to September 15th, 2016 at the latest)
• regular booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 275,-
(total € 345.- due to November 15th, 2016 at the latest)
• late booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 330,-
(total € 400,- due to January 15th, 2017 at the latest)
Information on Registration:
• A registration fee of € 70,- must be transfered to the account of Verein impuls as soon as you have been accepted as participant of impuls. This registration fee is a non-refundable, obligatory registration fee to reserve a place for you. Registration will only be proceeded once the € 70.- have been received by impuls - thus your registration is only valid upon receipt of this sum!
• Account of impuls: impuls . Verein zur Vermittlung zeitgenössischer Musik, Brandhofgasse 21, 8010 Graz, Austria, Europe:
Bank Austria Creditanstalt
IBAN = AT61 1200 0502 8538 6701 / BIC = BKAUATWW.
Please don’t forget to always put your full name on the transfer form!
• Any sort of bank charges incurring (like through the international transfer or exchange rates) have to be covered by the person registrating.
• Both the registration form and a curriculum vitae have to be sent to office(at)impuls(dot)cc
• Information for composers only: in addition to the registration form and curriculum vitae note, that also a list of completed works has to be sent to office(at)impuls(dot)cc
• Please let us know with your registration, which of the already published special programs (such as reading sessions with Klangforum Wien, ALMAT, Yoga ...) you would like to take part in and be aware of possible deadlines coming along with these programs.
• Information on further special programs will be updated continously on our homepage and we will for sure inform all participants about them per email as well.
Additional information for applying to the saxophone class:
Participants should have performed/worked on at least two solo works out of the following ones: L. Berio "Sequenza" VIIb or IXb; K. Stockhausen "In Freundschaft" or "Edentia"; N.A. Huber "Aus Schmerz und Trauer"; P. Hurel "opcit"; P. Mefano "Périple"; G. Scelsi "Tre Pezzi"; A. Posadas "Anabasis"; M. Sotelo "Argos"; G. Neuwirth "hier et demain - seul". If you have any questions on this, please contact Marcus Weiss and Lars Mlekusch directly.
Additional information for applying to the voice class:
In addition to the registration form a demo-recording has to be supplied. All participants selected will have to prepare specific works for an audition directly at the beginning of the Academy including also a solo piece (pieces will be named later on depending also on the person registrating). This audition will help clarify the distribution of parts/literature to be studied by the participants during impuls. Please be aware that not all participants will have the chance to actually perform in public in the end and that especially for the ensemble pieces a selection will have to be made.
Participants must take care of, reserve, book and pay for their accommodation and travels themselves! Rooms and various sleeping-possibilities are offered at special rates for impuls participants in Graz however (have a look at Jugend & Familiengästehaus JUFA Graz City). Please check your accommodation if needed as soon as possible upon receipt of acceptance for impuls 2017 and contact JUFA directly (please make sure you mention being part of impuls 2017 to get the special impuls rates there).
If you should need additional help, feel free to contact us at office(at)impuls(dot)cc or get in touch with the Tourist Office in Graz.
Health Insurance and Visa:
The participant has to take care of his/her own health insurance valid in Austria as well as visa him-/herself. Please make sure that you have all papers and documents necessary in time. If you should need any confirmation by impuls for your participation in the Academy, please contact us at office(at)impuls(dot)cc.
• As the number of applicants often exceeds the number of available places, the first to register will be served first, where candidates are equally qualified. Notification of acceptance will be given continuously, respectively not later than November 15th, 2016.
• In concern of scholarships we advice to check regional/national funding yourself (such as at your university, embassy, foundations ...).
• The works/scores to be studied in ensemble performance will be sent to each participant for preparation (in January 2017 at the latest).
• Main language of instruction: English, but also other languages depending on necessities, participants and tutors.
impuls reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the course content, in particular a change of tutors. A change does not infer any right to withdraw from the course or claim compensation. Registration is binding upon receipt of the application form by impuls.
• Any cancellation: no reimbursement of registration fee.
• Any cancellation after November 15th, 2016: no reimbursement of participation fee possible, unless the place can be filled by applicants on the waiting list or other potential participants (the registration fee will be kept back to cover administration costs in any case however).
For further information please contact office(at)impuls(dot)cc or proceed to Registration.