impuls . 8th International Ensemble and Composers Academy for Contemporary Music 2013
• early booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 220,-
(total € 290,- due to September 20th, 2012 at the latest)
• regular booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 255,-
(total € 325.- due to November 20th, 2012 at the latest)
• late booking & payment: registration fee € 70,- + € 300,-
(total € 370,- due to February 1st, 2013 at the latest)
Information on Registration:
• A registration fee of € 70,- must be transfered to the account of Verein impuls as soon as you have been accepted as participant of impuls. This registration fee is a non-refundable, obligatory registration fee to reserve a place for you. Registration will only be proceeded once the € 70.- have been received by impuls - thus your registration is only valid upon receipt of this sum!
• Account of impuls, Brandhofgasse 21, 8010 Graz, Austria:
Bank Austria Creditanstalt, BLZ 12000, account number 502 85 386 701.
For international transactions: IBAN = AT61 1200 0502 8538 6701 / BIC = BKAUATWW.
Please don’t forget to always put your full name on the transfer form!
• All possible bank charges incurring (like through the international transfer or exchange rate) have to be covered by the person registrating.
• Both the registration form and a curriculum vitae have to be sent to office(at)impuls(dot)cc
Additional information for composition classes:
In addition to the registration form and curriculum vitae please note:
• A list of completed works has to be sent to office(at)impuls(dot)cc
• For Choreography of Sound with Gerhard Eckel and Ramón González-Arroyo please check details and conditions on Special Programs! If you have any additional questions please contact the impuls-office, office(at)impuls(dot)cc
• For Composition beyond Music with Peter Ablinger please check details and conditions here
• For further Special Programs (such as Reading sessions with Klangforum Wien, various Call for scores etc.) and conditions please check here.
Additional information for applying to the saxophone class:
Participants should have performed/worked on at least two solo works (or works comparable to the ones mentioned in concern of degree of difficulty) out of the following ones: L. Berio "Sequenza" VIIb or IXb; K. Stockhausen "In Freundschaft" or "Edentia"; N.A. Huber "Aus Schmerz und Trauer"; P. Hurel "opcit"; P. Mefano "Périple"; G. Scelsi "Tre Pezzi"; A. Posadas "Anabasis"; M. Sotelo "Argos"; G. Neuwirth "hier et demain - seul". If you have any questions on this, please contact Marcus Weiss directly (marcusweiss(at)gmx(dot)ch).
Additional information for applying to the voice class:
In addition to the registration form a demo-recording has to be supplied. All participants selected will have to prepare specific works till February for an audition on spot including also a solo piece (pieces will be named later on depending also on the person registrating). This audition will help clarify the distribution of parts/literature to be studied by the participants during impuls. Please be aware that not all participants will have the chance to actually perform in public in the end and that especially for the ensemble pieces a selection will have to be made.
Participants must take care of, reserve, book and pay for their accommodation and travels themselves! Rooms and various sleeping-possibilities are offered at special rates for impuls participants in Graz however (have a look at Jugend & Familiengästehaus JUFA Graz City). Please check your accommodation if needed as soon as possible upon receipt of acceptance for impuls 2013 and contact graz(at)jufa(dot)eu directly (please make sure you mention being part of impuls 2013 to get the special impuls rates there).
If you should need additional help, feel free to contact us: office(at)impuls(dot)cc.
Health Insurance and Visa:
The participant has to take care of his/her own health insurance valid in Austria as well as visa him-/herself. Please make sure that you have all papers and documents necessary in time. If you should need any confirmation by impuls for your participation in the Academy, please contact us at office(at)impuls(dot)cc.
• As the number of applicants often exceeds the number of available places, the first to register will be served first, where candidates are equally qualified. Notification of acceptance will be given continuously, respectively not later than November 20th, 2012.
• impuls shall be able to offer a couple of scholarships respectively price-reductions for selected participants. We however ask and advice to check regional/national funding yourself first.
• The works/scores to be studied in ensemble performance will be sent to each participant for preparation (in January 2013 at the latest).
• Main language of instruction: English, but also other languages depending on necessities, participants and tutors
impuls reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the course content, in particular a change of tutors. A change does not infer any right to withdraw from the course or claim compensation. Registration is binding upon receipt of the application form by impuls.
• Any cancellation: no reimbursement of registration fee.
• Any cancellation after December 20th, 2012: no reimbursement of participation fee possible, unless the place can be used by someone else (the registration fee will be kept back to cover administration costs in any case however).